Strategy 2005 is a study and an associated dataset designed to provide definitions and benchmarking data necessary for making active decisions on future potential of oil and gas exploration and development in Western Canada. Strategy 2005 is built to be a predictive tool for future Basin development strategies. This study is designed to help answer questions of how and where companies can approach the problem of acquiring incremental production and reserves. Through careful analysis of data based on the geology of drilling results, the study can help point out the geological direction necessary to reach a company’s goals.
Through the thoughtful and rigorous approach used in Strategy 2005, the Industry has a tool which it can use to:
• Understand and appreciate each geological play in WCSB.
• Compare and contrast metrics for each geological play in WCSB.
• More effectively monitor technical approaches of peer groups.
• Answer questions posed by financial interest holders.
• Develop and implement the most effective strategic plan for your company.
• More effectively evaluate acquisitions.